DUTA – ULU KELANG EXPRESSWAY (DUKE) PHASE 2
Comprising 2 links, namely:
- Sri Damansara Link – connects MRR2 and DUKE and helps to disperse traffic to and from MRR2 to city centre;
- Tun Razak Link – act as an additional dispersal link between DUKE and MRR1 thus providing an additional dispersal option for the congested Jalan Tun Razak.
BENEFITS OF DUKE PHASE TWO
- To enhance DUKE by providing alternative routes for commuters travelling to and from the city centre (Jalan Tun Razak) and northwestern catchments (Rawang, Sg Buloh etc)
- To alleviate existing traffic congestion at the two new entry / exit points leading into and from DUKE.
- To relieve Traffic congestion along major city roads / highways.
Sri Damansara Link
- Alternative route to MRR2
- Relieve traffic congestion on LDP
- Disperse traffic for Jalan Segambut, Jalan Kepong and Jalan Penchala
- Alternative route from the north to the city centre
Tun Razak Link
- Alternative route for Jalan Bandar Dalam and Jalan Setapak to Jalan Gombak and Jalan Genting Kelang
- Alternative route for Jalan Semarak to Jalan Pahang and Jalan Tun Razak
- Ease traffic congestion on Jalan Parlimen, Leburaya Mahameru and Jalan Duta